LAST UPDATED: 02/24/2015
Workfetch.com is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing personalized career management services on our websites.
Note: Any reference to "we", "us", "our website" or Workfetch are references to the www.workfetch.com site (the "Website") and all of our partner career centers. Workfetch provides links to the websites of many other companies to which this policy does not apply. We cannot, and do not, assume responsibility for the privacy or information policies, practices or actions of any third parties.
We gather following types of information about users:
- Non-personally identifiable information (information that does not identify a specific individual): When visitors use the Services, we collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which links were "clicked." Collecting such information involves the collection and logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Services. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
The non-personally identifiable information we collect helps us identify the most popular areas of our Website and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities. In addition, we may disclose some of this information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and/or clicked through their advertisements. We collect non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of "cookies" - that is, small text files placed on your computer's hard drive - that help us determine the type of content and pages to which you link, the length of time you spend at any particular area of the Services, and the Services you choose to use.
Links to Other Sites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by this Website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- Personally identifiable information: In certain areas of the services, such as those in which you complete a profile, submit your resume, create a new account, or enter Workfetch-sponsored contests or promotions, we may request that you provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, zip code, profession, or work experience. We will, in such situations, seek to identify which informational items are required and which are optional.
Job seekers should post profiles and resumes on our Website only if they wish such information to be viewed by our customers. At any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by our customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or, if that is not possible, they may contact us at email@example.com and we will make the change for them.
In addition, job seekers may elect to make their profile searchable by our customers on a confidential basis only. In this case, the user's name and contact information will not be displayed to customers performing searches on the Website. If the customer desires to contact the confidential job seeker regarding an employment opportunity, they will send an email to the job seeker through our system. We will forward the email to the seeker's email address. The seeker's email address will not be provided directly to the customer. When posting a resume confidentially, it is the job seeker's responsibility to ensure that their contact information is not included within their resume attachment.
These Services are only available for use to 18 years or above. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age.
Please note that we cannot control the acts of users of the Services. All members and visitors should be aware that, when they disclose personally identifiable information in a resume or profile or other medium, the information may be collected and used by others to send that person unsolicited email from other parties outside Workfetch. In the event that you encounter any Workfetch user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use/not use the information we gather.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information we gather. Keep in mind that, while Workfetch encourages all third parties involved, including but not limited to its advertisers, to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and members and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received either from Workfetch or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with Workfetch, who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to forward your message to the third party or contact the third party on your behalf.
- How we use/not use non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful Services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and members, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Services. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, users, and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked through links to their sites.
- How we use/do not use personally identifiable information: We do not sell, re-sell or distribute for re-sale your personally identifiable information. Our customers may only use the information provided in resumes and profiles of job seekers to evaluate seekers' qualifications for the customer's open job opportunities. Job seekers should be aware, however, that Workfetch has no way to control how a customer actually uses the service and how they use the resume and profile information. If you believe a Workfetch customer is using personally identifiable information inappropriately, please notify Workfetch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Workfetch is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. Workfetch reserves the right to assign, sell, license, or otherwise transfer to a third party your personally identifiable information in connection with an assignment, sale, joint venture, or other transfer or disposition of any portion or all of Workfetch or its affiliated entities' assets or stock.
Subject to the foregoing, Workfetch uses your personally identifying information in several ways:
- To customize various aspects of the Services to your preferences;
- To determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen;
- To send to you Workfetch solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may "opt out" of receiving these materials, as provided below);
- To send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the Services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to "opt out" of receiving such messages);
- To "pre-populate" forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Workfetch and/or its sponsors (in no case will pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to an advertiser or other third party - only if you voluntarily request that such data be transferred will any such transfer take place, e.g., by clicking the "Submit" button); and
- As may be necessary to support the operation of the Services, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
In addition to the circumstances described above, Workfetch may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as follows:
- When a job seeker posts a profile or resume on the Website on a non-confidential basis, such information will be shared with our customers. (Note that at any time, job seekers may elect that their profile and resume not be searchable by our customers by logging into their account and changing the status of their profile or they may contact Workfetch at email@example.com and we will make the change for them.)
- When a job seeker elects to make his or her profile searchable by our customers on a confidential basis only, the user's name and contact information will not be displayed to customers performing searches on the site. If the customer desires to contact the confidential job seeker regarding an employment opportunity, it will send an email to the job seeker through the Workfetch system. We will forward the email to the seeker's email address. The seeker's email address will not be provided directly to the customer. When posting a resume confidentially, it is the job seeker's responsibility to ensure that their contact information is not included within their resume attachment.
- If you "opt in" to receive promotional materials from third parties, information you have made available to us may be made available to third parties who provide goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing credit card transaction, offering customer service, or operating a community forum. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Opting Out: You may receive promotional materials from us about Workfetch Services, or on behalf of Workfetch affiliates, advertisers, or other business partners. You may "opt out" of receiving such materials at any time in a variety of ways: by using the "opt-out" link included in each email, by changing your subscriptions preferences on the "user settings" page in your Workfetch account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you have provided more than one email address to our service, you may continue to be contacted, unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided. If you opted in to receive information directly from third parties, then you must contact those third parties directly to opt-out.
- All information made available to Workfetch may be made available to our contractors and consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.